The benefits of being based in the Olympic Capital are not all about work!
There are a huge number of benefits to living in Switzerland, consistently regarded as one of the best places to live in the world.
- Excellent public services
- World-class health and education industries
- A safe and secure environment
- A highly connected, central location at the heart of Europe
Entertainment, culture and relaxationThe Olympic Capital is a fantastic place to relax in your spare time. There is something for everyone, no matter what your taste. Some of the exciting options on offer include:
- Lake Geneva’s stunning views, beautiful riviera and array of sporting activities
- The Swiss Alps hiking and biking trails in summer and snow sports in winter
- The famous Vaudoise countryside, including the UNESCO Heritage protected Lavaux vineyards
- Countless museums and theatres, concerts and festivals, and a host of other cultural activities all year round
- World-class restaurants and bars to suit every taste
There is a huge range of sporting options on offer to residents here in the Olympic Capital. The City of Lausanne and the Canton of Vaud organise numerous sporting events open to the public every year.
Sports clubsWhether you are a seasoned pro, a dedicated amateur or simply want to try something new, the sporting infrastructure, facilities and events on offer mean you will never have an excuse not to get out there and get active! Lausanne counts more than 40’000 members of sports clubs, practicing a total of 70 different sports in hundreds of sports clubs and associations.
Please click here to view a list of different sports clubs in the City of Lausanne.
Mass participation eventsThere are a number of annual events open to Olympic Capital residents (and non-residents but they don’t get the special discounts and goodies offered!). These include:
- 20KM of Lausanne
- The Lausanne Marathon
- Midnight Christmas Run
- Olympic day (for the kids)
- The Lausanne triathlon
To see what else is on and find out more detail on these events, please check out the official website of the City of Lausanne by clicking here.
Enjoy the show!
The Olympic Capital is also a world-class host of sporting events. Over many years, the City of Lausanne and the Canton of Vaud have been trusted by a variety of rights holders to welcome their event to the Olympic Capital.
Upcoming events in the Olympic CapitalOur consistent delivery of safe, efficient, high quality events continues to attract the world’s biggest sporting bodies.
In the next few years, the Olympic Capital will be playing host to, amongst other major events:
- ITU World Triathlon Grand Final 2019
- Youth Olympic Games 2020
- IIHF World Championships 2020 (Zurich and Lausanne together)
- Athletissima, IAAF
- 3x3 World Tour Masters, FIBA
- International Longines Horse Show of Lausanne
For more information, contact us.